- Joshua Marcuse, Digital Technology Transformation and National Security Expert. Former Executive Director, Defense Innovation Board.
- Linda C. Jantzen, Assistant Professor, National Defense University, College of Information and Cyberspace.
This is small group expert session is not open to the public.
- Transforming DoD for warfare in the Information Age
- Competitive advantage will be based on algorithms
- DoD efforts to accelerate adoption of leading edge commercial technologies as the latest example of what is known as a "revolution in military affairs" driven by changing technologies.
- The Defense Innovation Unit focuses on six technology areas where the commercial sector is operating at the leading edge: advanced energy & materials, artificial intelligence, autonomy, cyber, human systems, and space.
- What is technological "disruption"?
- How does this concept differ between commercial and military applications of the concept?
- What are the major enablers and obstacles to innovation in DoD and the interagency, and what can be done about it?
- Do China, Russia, and other authoritarian regimes have an advantage?
- How do we bridge the gap between the National Security Innovation Base and DoD in conjunction with the Defense Industrial Base?